- Health Policy Intern Part Time, DC, USA
Health Policy Intern Part Time
The National Consumers League (NCL)
Location: Washington, DC
Description – Overview
The National Consumers League seeks a motivated intern interested in consumer safety and advocacy. The nation’s oldest consumer organization, the League is a national organization that protects and promotes social and economic justice for consumers and workers in the United States and abroad on issues including telemarketing and Internet fraud, food and drug safety, and fair labor standards.
The intern will assist NCL staff with ongoing projects and research, related to consumer education and outreach around a variety of health issues, including general health education, health reform, health information technology, and medication safety.
The intern will assist NCL staff with research, outreach, legislative and regulatory tracking, and in the development of materials ranging from blog posts to consumer education pieces.
This internship will provide an opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge about current health policy issues;
- Become familiar with various health care organizations, including government agencies; and
- Understand coordination and management of collaborative efforts such as meetings, joint letters, and coalitions.
In addition, a National Consumers League health policy internship provides the following areas of experience:
- Because the League's staff is small, interns are an integral part, and are given responsibilities outside of their research duties, including: keeping project files up-to-date and providing limited office support (occasional data input, mailing, and filing).
- The League requires from its staff and its interns a high level of oral and written communication skills. Interns are frequently called upon to write brief reports for NCL staff to provide background information on various issues.
Internships are unpaid. We ask that interns make a minimum time commitment of eight weeks, spending at least 20 hours per week working at the League. Of course, we welcome longer time commitments. Work hours per week are flexible for longer-term assignments. Our goal is to tailor your internship to suit your specific needs. The League is happy to consider the particular interests of applicants and will develop specific projects, complete paperwork, etc., as needed for class credit.
Apply online here
Posted on 15 October 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position