- Digital Campaigner, DC, USA
Location: USA – Washington, DC
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund seek a digital campaigner in the communications department. This is a mid-level position at the center of the organizations’ work. The digital campaigner will have the opportunity to play a role in advancing civil rights and social justice policy for the nation and will be exposed to the most broad-based civil and human rights coalition in the country. The individual will report to the vice president for communications and will work closely with all communications, field, and policy staff.
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 200 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. Learn more at www.civilrights.org. The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the United States. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, The Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the United States. To learn more about The Education Fund, visit leadershipconferenceedfund.org.
•Develop and execute online strategies for achieving federal and state legislative priorities in collaboration with the coalition and other partners.
- Develop materials for online and offline activism such as campaign emails and action alerts. (Writing, routing, building, launching).
- Manage and maintain, in partnership with the digital communications manager, anup-to-date online activity calendar for engaging key audiences; share and coordinate planning with other teams as appropriate.
- Stay up-to-date on new and effective digital platforms and suggest organizational use as appropriate.
- Implement strategies to follow up with new contacts.
- Establish benchmarks and goals for our digital organizing efforts and optimize towards them.
- Serve as the digital communications manager’s backup in both maintaining daily social media presence and rapidly responding to breaking developments.
- Attend team meetings to stay informed about the organization’s issue-specificactivities and its positions on various issues.
- Work with stakeholders and vendors, play the lead role in planning, managing and maintaining organizational websites.
Candidate should be comfortable writing the first drafts of the campaigns (landing pages, emails, share copy, etc.)
- We prefer candidates who have familiarity with:
o Any of the major advocacy CRMs/Toolkits.
oAll common social media platforms
- Strong preference for a candidate who has run or helped run an email list before. We care more about your experience having hit measureable goals (i.e. list growth, fundraising, actions driven, etc.) than about the size of the list you’ve run.
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to civil and human rights and will have experience in digital organizing or campaigning. They must be highly organized and knowledgeable of the basic contemporary digital platforms and have experience using them. They must have good interpersonal skills, and the desire and ability to work with a diverse staff. The digital campaigner will manage a complex workload, balance multiple tasks, and must organize time efficiently. A Bachelor’s degree is required. This is a 1-year temporary position, which may be extended for a longer period depending upon funding.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits!
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Apply online here
Posted on 20 October 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position