- Recipient Rights Advisor, MI, USA
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Facility: MHWMI - MHP Hackley Campus
Under the direction of the Vice President of Service Integration as appointed by the CEO, the Recipient Rights Advisor (RRA) will assure the organization operates a Recipient Rights system that is in compliance with the Michigan Mental Health Code (P.A. 258 of 1974, as amended), particularly Chapters 7 and 7a:
1. Receive reports of, and investigate apparent or suspected violations of rights
2. Act to assist recipients of mental health services in obtaining resolution of complaints, and act on behalf of recipients to obtain remedies for apparent violations
3. Otherwise endeavor to safeguard the rights guaranteed by the Mental Health Code through activities of prevention, monitoring and education of the organization and its staff.
1. Must possess a BA degree in a human service field, management, public administration, social science or a law degree.
2. A minimum of one-year’s professional experience in investigation and advocacy within a private or public human services agency (or comparable experience) required.
3. A working knowledge of the Mental Health Code.
4. The ability to interpret and apply statues, rules, policies and procedures is helpful, but not required.