- Election Protection Manager, USA
Election Protection Manager
Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
The Lawyers’ Committee is one of the leading national civil rights legal organizations, with the principal mission of fighting racial discrimination faced by African Americans and other racial and ethnic minorities. The Lawyers’ Committee was formed in 1963 at the request of President John F. Kennedy to enlist the private bar’s leadership and resources in combating racial discrimination and the resulting inequality of opportunity – work that continues to be vital today.
The Lawyers’ Committee seeks an experienced Organizer and Manager to serve as the Manager of Election Protection. The Election Protection Program is the nation’s largest, non-partisan voter protection coalition program. It works throughout the year to combat barriers to the ballot box for all voters, particularly those traditionally disenfranchised.
The Manager of Election Protection will lead a team of Organizers and work with Lawyers’ Committee national, state and local partners and allies to maintain and build upon existing Election Protection infrastructure to support and implement the work of the Coalition during upcoming election cycles. Duties include supervising organizing team; supporting national and state coalitions; coordinating response to voting barriers with Project attorneys; overseeing the coordination of recruitment, training and deployment of a nationwide network of volunteers; supervising the management of the 866-OUR-VOTE hotline; coordinating work with technology consultants to build systems that support volunteers and collect relevant data; and representing the Lawyers’ Committee at various meetings and events. The Manager of Election Protection will report to the Co-Directors for the Voting Rights Project.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 4 -6 years’ experience organizing in either political, non-partisan, issue-based or candidate campaigns on the national and/or state level;
· Deep commitment to civil rights and racial justice;
· Strong initiative, leadership and people management skills;
· Detail oriented, with strong organizational and project management skills; and
· Experience managing and leading diverse coalitions and working with minority communities is strongly preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with the Co- Directors for the Voting Rights Project to develop strategic Election Protection campaigns;
· Supervise team of Organizers charged with successful implementation of Election Protection Program;
· Manage coalition outreach and relationships with national, state and local partners;
· Work with the Director of Pro Bono to engage pro bono volunteers and law firms;
· Engage and negotiate contracts with vendors;
· Collaborate on fundraising efforts, including outreach to funders, with Co-Directors of the Voting Rights Project and Work with Development team; and
· Collaborate with the Communications team to develop communications plans for Election Protection Program.
Additional Desired Qualities:
· Experience working with institutional partners to develop funding opportunities;
· Background in developing data tracking systems and setting metrics for success;
· Experience with technology, including volunteer management systems and dynamic databases;
· Extensive coalition engagement experience; and
· Ability to speak and write in Spanish, a plus.
No calls will be accepted. The position will remain open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Lawyers’ Committee does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other status protected under law.
We strongly encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to https://podio.com/webforms/23249343/1660689
Job posted on 21st August 2019
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying to this position