- Global Philanthropy Volunteer (2119), UK
Closing Date:19 November 2017
We are looking for a volunteer ideally for 3 days per week for a minimum of 3 months.
The successful volunteer would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
1. Assist team with prospect research
2. Assist with various administrative tasks
3. Assist other members of the Global Fundraising Directorate with their tasks as may be required from time to time
4. Assist with project tasks as required
We would expect the successful volunteer to have the following skills and experience:
1. Fluent level of written and spoken English
2. Good working knowledge of computers, familiarity with Microsoft Package, the internet and databases
3. Experience in conducting research, including library, internet and other
4. Good inter-personal, communication and writing skills
5. Ability to multi-task
6. Ability to work independently
7. Administrative experience; willingness to undertake office work, like photocopying, filing and archiving
8. Awareness of the importance of confidentiality and security at Amnesty
9. Active interest / experience in fundraising and the values of Amnesty International
Volunteering in one of the world’s leading human rights organisations can provide valuable experience and following your successful volunteer placement, you may request to receive references. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International.
Volunteering is unpaid, although travel and lunch expenses are provided. We are able to offer only very limited advice in terms of finding accommodation and Volunteers are responsible for arranging their own visa/work permit where required.
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and Volunteers are expected to participate collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the contribution of others is valued and respected.
Volunteers are required to comply with our policies and rules relating to Health and Safety, Cultural Diversity and Equal Opportunities and with our security regulations.
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Job posted on 14 November 2017.