- Policy Advisor – Women’s Protection & Empowerment, UK
Policy Advisor – Women’s Protection & Empowerment
Salary: circa £44,000 per annum
Sector: Policy & Advocacy
Employment Category: Fixed Term for 3 years
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Purpose of the Role
This is a strategic position which is instrumental in driving IRC’s policy and advocacy work in London, Berlin, Brussels and selected other European capitals. As Policy Advisor – WPE you will:
- Lead on the implementation of IRC’s policy & advocacy agenda on women’s protection and empowerment in Europe, with a particular focus on gender based violence.
- Design and implement IRC’s European policy and advocacy strategy on WPE
- Be responsible for the implementation of the policy & advocacy components of two specific WPE projects, the European Policy & Advocacy Pillar within the IRC-Irish Aid strategic partnership on GBV in emergencies, and the policy & advocacy component of IRC’s new Listen Up! Project in coordination with our US-based WPE advocate.
- Lead the development of policy positions and messaging on WPE in Europe, act as IRC’s policy expert on WPE and represent the organization at policy and political events and meetings and with the media in Europe.
- Identify and develop or strengthen relationships with key UK and European policy and advocacy targets and develop and/or lead policy and advocacy coalitions of NGOs.
Closing Date: 1 April 2019
To view the full advert and to apply, please apply by following this link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4190
Job posted on 15th March 2019
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying to this position