- Communications Internship, NY, USA
Global Justice Center (GJC)
Location: USA – New York, NY
This internship is a very exciting opportunity for anyone interested in communications, international affairs, women's studies, human rights and/or international law. In working closely with the GJC leadership and staff, as well as the international women's groups we collaborate with, the intern will learn directly from experts in the field. We value our interns, and give them plenty of opportunities for creativity, academic growth, exposure to current trends and issues in international human rights law, and most importantly, the ability to make a strong contribution to a pioneering international human rights legal organization.
Specific duties may include:
- Maintaining, editing and updating the GJC website.
- Social media maintenance, including regular updates to Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook accounts.
- Writing regular blog posts on current events & GJC’s work.
- Working to strengthen a communications and press outreach strategy.
- Assisting in preparing materials (including PowerPoint presentations, research, and logistics) for international projects.
- Assisting with the logistics for special events.
- Other administrative and research duties as needed.
- Interest in and knowledge of women's rights, international relations, law, public policy, transitional justice, nation-building, web-design, and/or non-profit administration.
- Familiarity with social media tools, database, desktop, and web publishing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Very strong written skills, comfortable writing daily & under deadline.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and perform a wide variety of tasks, over the course of the workday.
- Experience using the Internet for communication and research.
- Proactive in suggesting stories & social media strategies.
- Motivation, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of Arabic/Spanish/French and html a plus.
Interns must be willing to work at least 20 hrs/week for the duration of the internship. While the internship is unpaid, the Global Justice Center is willing to assist students in obtaining school credit or outside funding for the internship.
We will begin accepting applications for the Spring Semester Communications Internship in November 2017.
Apply online here
Posted on 13 September 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position