- Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Legal Internships, DC, USA
Muslim Advocates (MA), a national legal advocacy and educational organization, is seeking applications from law students for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 internships in our Washington, DC office. MA interns will participate in a wide range of activities and will join an organization working on the frontlines of some of the nation’s most pressing civil rights issues. Interns will be expected to work at least ten hours per week for a period of ten weeks.
Muslim Advocates has been fighting to promote freedom, justice, and equality for Americans of all faiths since 2005. In addition to conducting legal advocacy, policy engagement, and civic education, MA utilizes targeted litigation in order to protect and defend the rights of American Muslims. Our work includes projects aimed at addressing discriminatory surveillance programs, hate crimes, and border search issues; we are also directly engaged in challenging the unconstitutional Muslim travel ban. In addition, MA continues to serve as a legal resource educating American Muslims about the law and their rights and promoting their full and meaningful participation in American public life.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research and analysis.
- Draft and prepare legal memoranda and other legal documents.
- Participate in factual investigation and discovery review.
- Create non-legal advocacy materials in support of education and outreach efforts.
- Other projects related to MA’s legal, policy, and civic education work as they arise.
- Current first, second, or third-year law student.
- Strong research, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people in a collaborative work environment.
- Commitment to MA’s mission.
How to Apply
Apply online here
Posted on 09 August 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position