- Program Assistant, Stop Hate Project, DC, USA
Program Assistant, Stop Hate Project
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law (“Lawyers’ Committee”)
Location: USA – Washington, D.C
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law (“Lawyers’ Committee”), one of the nation’s leading civil rights organizations based in Washington D.C., seeks a program assistant for the organization’s Stop Hate Project. This individual must be dedicated to combatting hate crimes through employing a trauma-informed approach to managing the Stop Hate Project’s resource hotline. The Program Assistant plays a leading role in the day-to-day management of the hotline, including responding to calls and online reports of individuals and community organizations who have experienced a hate crime or hate incident, or are seeking resources to better advocate against hate. In addition to managing the hotline, the Program Assistant will work with the Stop Hate Project staff to develop community outreach materials in response to the needs of our local and national partners.
The position is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. The program assistant will report to the Project Director for the Stop Hate Project.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Stop Hate Project resource hotline and database, including responding to callers in real time and to messages or reports left online or by voicemail.
• Daily review of input and confirming follow up for hotline calls and online submissions.
• Working with other Lawyers’ Committee staff, including lawyers, to develop appropriate responses.
• Develop resources and manage outreach materials, such as know your rights information and outreach powerpoints, for community groups, schools and college campuses, and local partners
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior hotline experience preferred, but not required
• Ability to speak more than one language, a plus.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and desired salary range to https://podio.com/webforms/19004858/1279264. No calls will be accepted. The position will remain open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary and benefits are competitive for a nonprofit legal organization.
The Lawyers’ Committee is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. Diversity is an essential component of the Lawyers’ Committee, and we encourage women and minorities to apply. All qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for selection without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected under law.
Apply online here
Posted on 9 September 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position