- GenR Social Media Intern, NY, USA
GenR Social Media Intern
The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Location: USA – New York, NY - HQ
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee serves refugees and communities affected by oppression or violent conflict worldwide. Founded in 1933, the IRC is committed to freedom, human dignity, and self-reliance. This commitment is expressed in emergency relief, protection of human rights, post conflict development, resettlement assistance, and advocacy.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. For over 80 years, we have offered lifesaving care and life changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from conflict or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
External Relations: IRC’s External Relations department is integral to furthering our mission by promoting awareness of the plight refugees and the displaced and raising over $50 million in largely unrestricted funding from the private sector to support our programs worldwide. As part of the External Relations Department’s Strategic Development Pod, the Strategic Events Unit plays an important role in supporting IRC’s mission by introducing our message of hope to new audiences and communicating the impact of our work to our loyal donors through a wide range of fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events and other outreach efforts.
GenR: GenR, short for Generation Rescue, is a group of young and influential humanitarians between the ages of 25 and 40 who have joined forces with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) to help people survive and rebuild their lives. GenR is a community of like-minded individuals who have the opportunity to attend exclusive IRC-related cultural events, volunteer with recently resettled refugees, and network with humanitarian leaders, and so much more. GenR members help to shape the future of one of the largest humanitarian aid organizations in the world
Job Overview/Summary: Working in a goal oriented and face-paced environment, the Strategic Events GenR Intern will provide support with planning of the annual Summer Party, GenR recruitment and membership updates, social media communications, and planning of the GenR Trip to the Field.
Major Responsibilities: Working closely with the GenR Strategic Development Officer, the intern will:
- Research best practices for young professional’s groups and social media strategies.
- Work with GenR Strategic Development Officer to plan and execute a meaningful donor trip to Cote D’Ivoire.
- Maintain social media outlets for GenR.
- Assists with the planning and execution of the GenR Summer Party.
- Collaborate on the development of marketing, communications and GenR engagement plans
- Provide other general administrative support for the projects as needed
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Associate Director, GenR Strategic Development
Position directly supervises: Not applicable
Indirect Reporting: Not applicable
- To gain a better understanding of what motivates young philanthropists to give and volunteer.
- To offer an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience into the private fundraising environment at a high profile international NGO.
- To learn valuable skills for managing international travel and planning for donors.
- To discover how social media can influence and promote the mission of a global humanitarian organization.
- Administrative support experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues and GenR members.
- Ability to adapt quickly, plan for, prioritize and manage multiple facets of the project while working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team and independently;
- Effective organizational and time-management skills required;
- Passion for the IRC’s mission
- Solid Computer skills: web and social media skills ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Working Environment: Standard office work environment.
Apply online here
Posted on 30 September 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position