- Senior Communications Officer, Global Partnerships, NY, USA
Senior Communications Officer, Global Partnerships
The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Location: USA – New York, NY - HQ
As a key member of the IRC’s Global Communications team, the Senior Communications Officer will help with the development of a Communications strategy that brings the IRC’s story and profile to new audiences, especially targeted influential consumer audiences and the private sector.
The Senior Officer will lead communications within an existing portfolio of partners, convening and working with multiple departments and stakeholders to deliver measurable communications results.
The person in this role will be a communications expert who:
- Identifies & grows key IRC media and influencer targets that go beyond the policy / humanitarian sectors by developing and securing opportunities that raise IRC’s profile.
- Creates and gets buy-in for new and “big” ideas, then works with multiple internal and external constituencies to bring those ideas to fruition – and get results.
- Implements cross- functional efforts to identify and develop positioning for programs, partnerships and people in order to significantly bolster the impact of IRC campaigns.
- Develops and implements a long-term communications strategy highlights IRC’s partnership that includes, joint opportunities, activations, earned media, social engagement and creative product development.
- In collaboration with other communications colleagues, expands IRC’s media reach by identifying colorful “stories behind the story,” resulting in IRC-feature coverage in target outlets, beats and channels.
- Works alongside our corporate and foundation partnerships team to develop compelling joint opportunities, including partnership activations like launches and events.
- Represents the IRC with corporate partners, including executive leadership.
- In close collaboration with our Entertainment Relations team, develops and secures communication opportunities to best leverage IRC voice
- Crafts simple and compelling narratives based on complex themes
- Writes press release, media pitches, blogs and op-eds.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Director of Global Communications, Programs & Partnerships
Position directly supervises: n/a
- Indirect Reporting: n/a
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Work with global communications colleagues, writers, content creators, IRC advocates and fundraisers
External: Work with journalists, media producers and editors, strategic influencers and communications colleagues from partner organizations
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations
Apply online here
Posted on 30 September 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position