- Communications Intern Full or Part Time, DC, USA
Communications Intern Full or Part Time
The National Consumers League (NCL)
Location: Washington, DC
Description – Overview
The National Consumers League seeks a motivated intern who wants to work with a nonprofit advocacy group. The League is a national membership organization that protects and promotes social and economic justice for consumers and workers in the United States and abroad on issues including telemarketing and Internet fraud, food and drug safety, and fair labor standards.
The communications department of the NCL is looking for an intern with good communications and marketing skills. The intern’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing NCL publications and promoting NCL's consumer education materials. This will include calling former buyers, finding prospective buyers, and publicizing publications in the media.
- Press Releases Drafting press releases to help promote publications, and possibly, for other NCL events.
- Communications Materials Writing and gathering information for an NCL press packet.
- Press Files Maintaining clips and releases.
- Press Outreach Checking existing lists for accuracy by calling reporters.
- General Outreach Conducting outreach with members and answering general consumer questions.
Internships are unpaid. We ask that interns make a minimum time commitment of eight weeks, spending at least 20 hours per week working at the League. Of course, we welcome longer time commitments. Work hours per week are flexible for longer-term assignments. Our goal is to tailor your internship to suit your specific needs. The League is happy to consider the particular interests of applicants and will develop specific projects, complete paperwork, etc., as needed for class credit.
Apply online here
Posted on 15 October 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position