- Research Internship, DC, USA
Location: USA – Washington, DC
Description – Position Overview:
RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE, online.rainn.org y rainn.org/es) in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help victims, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.
RAINN offers internships year-round in our Washington, DC office.
RAINN seeks research interns to support the evaluation and analysis work within the Victim Services Department. Successful candidates would gain applied research experience and build expertise in the area of sexual violence and delivery of hotline services to victims.
Duties will be commensurate with interns’ interests, skills, and individual professional development goals. Internship activities may include:
- Analyzing feedback from hotline users, including quantitative and qualitative data
- Assisting with evaluation reports, graphics, and presentations
- Contributing to training that will enhance the quality of evaluation data
- Assisting with data management
- Literature searches
Both undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in the area of sexual violence are encouraged to apply.
- Pass a criminal background check (administered by RAINN)
- Possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Completed at least one undergraduate statistics and/or research methods course
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or SPSS
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Interns must be able to dedicate 10 hours per week for at least one semester (two semesters preferred).
How to Apply
(1) A cover letter stating:
- Why you are interested in interning at RAINN.
- A description of your research skills and experience. Please be sure to mention any statistical analysis/research methods training, as well as software skills (e.g., SPSS, Excel).
(2) Your CV or resume.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest!
Apply online here
Posted on 20 October 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs when applying for this position